Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I thought I’d list my top ten movies to get your libido going. Now for you guys out there, don’t scoff and stop reading because you’re thinking damn she’s going to list a bunch of chick flicks. I haven’t listed all chick flicks, and remember ninety minutes of watching a so-called chick flick might get you ninety minutes of mind-blowing sex! No pun intended. And that’s a pretty good pay-off!
These movies aren’t in any particular order. And like books, it’s really all subjective, but if you can’t get away to some fancy restaurant or a cozy bed and breakfast for Valentine’s Day try one of these movies or one of your own lust inducing flicks to get the sparks going. Read past my ten suggestions to find a tip to heighten your viewing pleasure.
- Wild Orchid – I found the story a bit disjointed and the sex scenes sometimes more choreographed than natural. So you’re probably saying then why did you put it on the list? Simple—this movie turns up the heat! Both you and your partner might rush to the bedroom or perhaps just do it on the sofa or the floor if you have no kiddies at home.
- Dirty Dancing - I think dancing is great foreplay and this movie shows it at its best!
- Sweet Home Alabama – If you need skin and graphic sex to get you in the mood, you won’t find it here. But this is a fun comedy/romance!
- Nine and a Half Weeks – Now if you’re familiar with the first movie, Wild Orchid, you might think I have a thing for Mickey Rourke. I definitely think he’s hot looking in this movie—much hotter than in Wild Orchids. However, this isn’t a chick flick. I think the scene where Kim Basinger pleasures herself will get most men’s blood going. Interesting note about this story—Rourke plays a wealthy man named Gray who ask Basinger’s character, Elizabeth, to broaden her sexual boundaries. When I read Fifty Shades of Grey, I couldn’t help thinking of this movie, though there are definite differences in the relationship and the outcome.
- The Notebook – This is one of those slow cookers for me. It’s a true love story.
- The Piano - I’m not sure how to explain the piano. It’s so unique. I’d also rate it as one of the best movies on this list or any other list.
- Pride and Prejudice (2005) I just had to add this one to the list. I think Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen have wonderful on screen chemistry. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s based on my favorite book.
- Casablanca – What can I say, it’s a true classic.
- Pretty Woman - This is the ultimate Happily Ever After. Come-on it’s about a prostitute who hooks up with a millionaire that falls in love with her.
- Deep Throat - This movie is for those that need a little more pornographic content to rev up their engines. I won’t go into details because the title tells it all!
Now, for the full erotic or sensual effect, don’t watch these movies with the kids running around the house, and don’t keep the lights on. Cuddle up – partially disrobed, and put a fuzzy warm blanket over the two of you. I know some of you are saying, whoa, if I get partially naked, my significant other might not watch one of the tamer movies. Here’s where whoever picks the movie gets to set one very important rule—only that person can initiate sex. It will build anticipation, and when you finally give in to your hot and horny self … watch out, your partner will love it!
So do you have any favorite romantic movies to add to my list? Or any hot ones? Maybe you want to tell us what actor (yes this includes females) turns you on. Love for you to share!