This is gonna be a two-way spill our guts session, so only proceed if you’ve got enough swagger to carry it off!!
Still here then?
Hell yes, we knew you had it in ya!
So, clearly I’ve been listening to teeny-bop radio a little too much lately because “That’s What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction (my 7-year-old son’s current favorite song) was the first thing I thought of when I found out Sandra de Helen had given us The Beautiful Blogger Award.
Sandra writes about writing (mostly) at her intelligent – but never high-brow – blog, Red Crested Chatter. Definitely one to check out if you’re into smart, honest blogs! Sandra recent found out her title The Hounding has been selected for Mystery Book Club at a Public Library for July during which time she’ll Skype with the group to discuss the book. How cool is that?
Thank you, Sandra! And thank you Swagger family – our fellow chicks who walk the walk with us when your schedule allows. We love all y’all!
Okay, so we’re supposed to share seven things about us (Misty’s wondering if she can actually think of 7 more things that are interesting enough to include here), and then pass the award to more bloggers (spoiler: we’re only giving it to *one* other blogger because we’re
MISTY’S 7 THINGS (warning: I degenerate into sap so skip to Josie’s list if you’re gagging just thinking of it)…
1. I love meat. Take that however you want – it’s true all ways. LOL
2. I’ve danced in the rain in a white dress before. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life.
3. I’ve been the peacemaker in my family ever since I could speak intelligibly.
4. My mother is one of the most playful women I’ve ever known.
5. When my father dies, a big piece of me will die with him.
6. If I need balance all I need to do is watch and listen to birds in nature. I love them so much. To me, birds are like God’s visible angels.
7. My children are 7 and nearly 10, and I still go into their rooms every single night to check on them before I go to sleep. Knowing they’re safe, resting, and in my care brings me peace I struggle to articulate.
1. My husband just bought me those silly ‘metal balls’ from the book 50 shades…Now, if only I could figure out how to use them and hopefully they won’t get lost up there! (He thinks he’s funny…)
2. One of my 19-year-old son’s friends named his fantasy football team ‘Mrs. Matthews Is Hot.’ I guess I should take that as a compliment, but my poor kid! (And his friend? He’s obviously very sheltered I’m thinkin’…or sight impaired!)
3. I’m very sensitive – I tend to take things personally. A therapist once told me, “Who the hell do you think you are? You think you’re so special that everybody’s bad mood is because of you?” He also told me to “…grow the fu#& up!” This was some of the BEST advice I’ve ever received. Now THAT’S what I call a good therapist…
4. I’m a nurse in ‘real’ life…Sometimes I’m petrified I have lost all sense of emotion and compassion because of the tragedy I’ve witnessed in life. Sometimes I’m way too clinical. ChickSwagger keeps me grounded and connected.
5. I have horrendous ADD.
6. I do my best thinking and problem solving (especially for my writing) in those few minutes just before I fall asleep. My bedside notepad looks like a 5 year old is writing in it because I don’t even lift my head from the pillow to jot my thoughts.
7. I’m addicted to ice cream.
And who are we passing this earth shattering award to?
We received the award from a hot redhead, so it’s awesome karma to pass it on to another smokin’ redhead. I have a sneaking (read: strong) suspicion she scoffs at blogger awards, but I’m thumbin’ my nose at that and giving it to her anyway! I’m also using lots of exclamation marks because I know how much she loves them!!!!! (Not. She’s gonna flay me alive if she actually deigns to visit our humble swagger home. Wait, can I use “humble” and “swagger” together? WTF? Whatevs.)
Rachel’s slogan: Come for the ManCode. Stay for the Snark. I love that. I met her on Twitter, and this chick is super well-rounded in that she’s not only funny as hell, but she’s also got marketing brains galore which she quite selflessly shares across all her media. Her two books, A Walk In The Snark and The Mancode: Exposed are both #1 Kindle bestsellers! You gotta check her out.
Thanks again to Sandra at Red Crested Chatter, and all you lovelies who read and respond to our swag with swagger of your own!
Now it’s YOUR TURN!!
If you’ve read this whole post and fail to share 7 things about yourself with us…We. Will. Find You. Then we’ll toilet paper not only your car, but your whole damn house/apartment/flat/studio/boyfriend’s/lover’s AND your place of business. Scared yet? Good.
SPILL IT! We’re listening…
(FYI, we’re taking a holiday from blogging next week for America’s birthday, so Happy 4th! Have a wonderful week!)