Anyway, today I decided to sit down and think about ten things we should all try to accomplish in the next year to improve our Swaggerness…to deepen our character and to increase our confidence.
You in? You’d better be! Cause what could be more important than trying to become a better person by stretching out those boundaries? You and those around you will only benefit from this little exercise.
As women we are consistently put in ‘get it done for others’ mode. Our priority list usually puts ‘US’ way at the bottom after sig. other, kids, work, family, community, dog, hamster… RIGHT?
But what happens when we allow this? We become tired, single-dimensional, stuck-in-a-rut robots. DANGER. DANGER Will Robinson!
Instead we NEED to work to become energetic, multi-dimensional, fun-loving goddesses. We need to do this for ourselves and our families. (especially those little sponge children who learn so much from watching how we live our life.) So let’s start living! Let’s start growing and let’s start adding dimension to that gal called YOU!
Here’s your assignment…if you choose to accept it! In the next year:
1. Give up a grudge. Just one. This will lighten up your heart to let a little good stuff in. Grudges weigh you down. That old adage Forgive AND Forget is a little off if you ask me. We can CHOOSE to forgive, but in most things, we can never completely forget. So just focus on the Forgive.
I’m giving up the grudge I have against my dad. He wasn’t very interested in my sister and I when we were young…being girls and all. So we missed out on all that ‘Daddy’s little girl’ stuff. I think I’ve carried that ‘Woe is me.’ around long enough don’t you? He is who he is and I love the old coot dearly. Grudge B Gone!!!! Poof!
2. Take your significant other to a motel for the night. (SHHH…make it a surprise! And don’t forget the toys!!!) Start the night off with a picnic in the bed, wine, cheese and crackers, sexy little outfit…then get to know each other a little better by taking this sexy quiz together! You’ll be shocked by what you didn’t know about your lover! And BE HONEST!
a. What is your biggest turn on when it comes to women/men?
b. What is your ultimate sexual fantasy? Describe it step by step
c. How many sexual partners have you had?
d. Have you ever had a one night stand? When, where…
e. If you could pick out my clothes for a sexy romantic night out, what would you dress me in?
f. What’s your favorite: Making slow romantic love? or hard-core wild sex?
e. Where is the strangest place you every had sex?
f. If you could have sex with any celebrity in the world (because I didn’t exist of course…) who would you pick?
Did this, rocked it…had wild sex with the new guy I had just met! Well, I’ve been married to him for 21 years, but he felt like a new guy cause I found out he had sex with a girl when he was in college right on a public bar stool! WOW…how sexy is that? No one could see cause she had a dress on. HOLY F%#&…I never knew he was such an alpha-take-charge-wild-bad-boy!!!!!
If you’re single…GO OUT ON A DATE! I don’t care if it’s a dating site…a singles event…something safe, but somewhere that you can meet other singles. Stop being afraid…you don’t have to marry the guy (or girl)!!!!! Just meet people and make friends! And if you’re brave…find a bad-boy! They are so much fun….
3. Buy an outfit that is TOTALLY YOU – face it…we always are a bit conservative when we shop for clothes…we buy what we hope people will like on us. Do you ever go out of your ‘will others approve’ comfort zone and dress exactly the way that expresses the real you? Do you want to be all classic chic and look like Jackie O? Or do you want to one day go completely Bo-Ho? How about super sexy on a date with the sig-other? I know I’m petrified to dress sexy. I’m the worst at it. I feel like if my cleavage shows that I’m a little hussy or something. What is that? What’s wrong with my cleavage? Super glam? No freakin’ way! Don’t get me wrong…I’d love to but I’m too chicken thinking people will LOOK at me. (did I say WTF?)
I’m all over this…in my heart I’m a total hippy/glam/bo-ho…but I dress like a tomboy ALL the time; jeans, converse all-stars, and T-shirts (only solid colors!) WTF! I’m gettin’ me a fancy dress, funky jewelry and some kick-ass shoes. Pics? You got it!!! Before AND After!
4. Eat out alone – Just once, dress up, take a book, some money and go to a restaurant and sit there alone and have a nice relaxing drink and a meal. You wouldn’t believe how cathartic it can be. Now, I’m not talking a diner or some chain place. A nice restaurant with a nice bar and fun people to watch. Just do it! A majority of women wouldn’t be able to do this…but I know you can! Think of all the good book fodder you might gather by just people watching!
My friend has a bar where they have Karaoke on Thurs nights….Im going and I’m takin’ pics for y’all!
6. Volunteer – Face it. We all admire those who do, we all say, yeah someday I’m gonna….but have you actually DONE IT? I make my kids do it…It’s time for me to get my ass out there and practice what I preach. Pick a community service or event that you could volunteer a few hours at. Nursing home, soup kitchen, homeless shelter, food pantry, fund-raising event…Think of the new contacts and characters you might meet.
I’m picking my local soup kitchen…my son did it and he said it’s an eye-opening experience. Do you even realize how many homeless and foodless people there are in your own hometown?
7. Host a happy hour and invite people who you don’t usually socialize with – how often do we gut stuck in the ‘friend’ rut. Do you continually keep your ‘safe’ friends and acquaintances near? Well step out of that comfort zone and meet some new friends! Invite old and new for a mixer! A few hours, some wine, beer, horsDhorves (MISTY! spelling? Misty here: LMAO hors doeuvres –what a stupid word, right?) is all you need. Hey…ya never know…think about what you might learn…. Make it a LBD affair (little black dress) and let everyone have fun getting dolled up for a change!
8. Change your hairstyle – Yes….I said it…Get rid of that tired old style everybody is used to seeing you in and try something new…go shorter, more layered, a different color, some highlights, extensions, bangs…anything! You’d be SHOCKED at how fun that is! Afraid of what people might say? Who the f$%* cares! You are doing these things for YOU. And hair always grows back and can always be re-colore…You’ll feel like a new person. Go for it!!!!!
9. Take a short vacation – to a place you have always wanted to visit. Doesn’t have to be far…just go! Stop saying …someday… Spending even one day away from home…just being…is refreshing and inspiring. It opens your mind and clears your head from that never-ending to-do list that stares you in the face when you are at home. GET AWAY…even going alone would be an awesome self-awareness exercise. A nice bed and breakfast at a quaint town a few hours away? Catch a show, eat out, attend a concert…I’m in!!!!
I love heading to NYC for the day. I’m lucky…it’s close and I feel like I’m a whole different person in a whole different world when I’m there. I love the people and the energy and the culture. It’s amazing…I love making conversation with all the people I meet at the stores and restaurants and waiting in line. It’s amazing the stories you hear when you actually talk to strangers! My ultimate goal is to check out New Orleans…Anyone wanna meet me there someday?
10. Buy a Vibrator – okay…so you’ve heard it from us before…well YOU’RE HEARIN’ IT AGAIN!!! Go…buy it…use it…become one with your body. If you’re single: Yeehaw!! If you have a sig other: How can you tell him what you like if you don’t experiment on your own? Oh…you don’t ever tell him what you like? Afraid? ——->
#11. Tell your sig-other 3 places he needs to touch you and how he needs to touch you there to turn you on!!!!!
See how happy Mr. M. looks?
So, my wonderful ChickSwagger friends, are you up for the challenge of being all you can be? Can you do these 10, no 11, things in one year? What are your ideas for these suggestions? How can expanding YOUR horizons make you a better wife, lover, mother, friend, employee… ?
Can’t wait to hear from you! I’m off to Saratoga for a baseball tournament for the next few days so if you don’t hear from me it’s because they didn’t have WI-FI!!! I’ll be back online over the weekend!
Remember…We love you just the way you are….unless of course you’re up for a change!
From our dear friend and reader Morgan Wyatt from ‘SHARE YOUR CHICKSWAGGER’:
“Well-behaved women seldom make history”
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich