Today, I’m going to do a little something different and go ultra girly-girl with one of those OMG-you-gotta-try-THIS posts because that’s totally fun to do! (You know, unless you hate that sort of thing. In that case, keep reading anyway because it might give you fodder for sarcasm.)
No wait. Did I just pigeon-hole?
We are everywoman. Some days we are girly, other days we beat our chests. It’s all good, right? (Are you completely lost as to the point of this post yet?)
Okay, I’ll put you out of your misery. Here it is…a list featuring a few of my favorite things!
2. Black Currant Vanilla Massage Oil by Bath and Body Works – This particular oil has some really dark notes. I mean that in the best possible way. But really, how can you go wrong with anything from Bath and Body Works? Their massage oils contain Sunflower Oil (rich in antioxidant Vitamin E) to moisturize skin and help keep it young-looking. I love most of their scents in this line.
Or, maybe it’s just the happy ending after my husband pulls me off the massage table?! LOL
We purchased ours at JC Penney a few years ago and have had hours and hours of
hot, crazy foreplay soothing relaxation for only $200. Looks like JC Penney still has the same one. It folds up for storage and is awesome for experimenting with different positions extremely sturdy.
Did I mention it’s fun?! You lucky, lucky girls! 🙂
4. Crest 3D WhiteStrips – This shit really works if you use it as directed. The last time my mom came to visit me she almost blinded me with her smile. This is her secret weapon. So I tried it myself (Level 3, $39.99, available at all big box stores), and found it to be very easy and very effective. Love it!
In the Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic/Piper Lime family of stores, Athleta has really become my go-to store. Seriously, my closet is probably about 1/5th Athleta right now. I have coats, boots, swimsuits, shorts, pants, tank tops, sweaters, and shirts from them. They are a little pricier than some other stores, but their quality and customer service is top-notch.
When you have a Gap Visa, you accrue points you can redeem at any of their stores or online. Free shipping if your order is $50 or more. Finally, the catalogs are a thing of beauty to look at since they use actual female athletes (yoga, running, surfing, hiking, etc) in action shots. I fell further in love with them when I noticed they started using one of our sayings “Power to the She” in their marketing this past spring. Seriously a great company!
My man really digs the blue. You can find Sephora online or in select department stores. Pick up Pure ICE at your local Walmart.
7. The Chew – It’s a TV food/talk show on ABC at noon in my area. I don’t let myself watch it now that the kids are back in school and I’m back to work <sniffle>, but this show really pulled me in with their super fun and edgy cast of five. I rarely watch TV, so this is really saying something. It’s way more than just your basic cooking show. They have SO MUCH FUN – they usually have me laughing out loud. And they’re often dirty-minded. <snicker>
Makes you so wanna watch, right? 🙂
8. Always Infinity pads – These are *the best* pads on the market. This is the one time of the month you wanna be dry, and these will make you an instant convert. I have no idea how these work, but they’re amazing.
9. Zumba! Zumba is a Latin-inspired, dance fitness class. I could talk all day long about how fabulous it is for all people, but especially women. I have taught it for more than two years now, and I have literally seen it transform women into more self-confident, happy, and in-touch with themselves individuals. Oh, and it’s exercise, though it doesn’t feel like it.
Contributor Chick Jodi Roper is my boss where I teach, and she gave the okay to install some club strip lights in the aerobics room, so now when I teach, I turn the lights down and we party like we’re in a club. It’s so much fun!
If you love to dance, I guarantee you’ll enjoy Zumba. It’s just a matter of finding a particular instructor whose style you like as each instructor picks their own music and has their own choreography. Some instructors are more Latin focused, while others gravitate more toward hip-hop (not what they’re supposed to do, but it’s the reality). If you have any questions ever, I’ll be happy to answer them!
Do try it!!
Technically it’s called an anti-nausea neuro-modulating device, but don’t let the name scare you. If you’re prone to motion sickness like I am, this device (which you wear just like a watch) can save you a lot of misery. It works by emitting an electromagnetic pulse to soothe the nerve that sends the woozy signal to your inner ear.
I had tried everything: ginger, sea bands, Dramamine, even scopolamine patches, but nothing worked – or if it did, it had icky side-effects. Until the Relief Band. I haven’t tried this new version Reletex, but it sounds like it’s even more powerful than the original since it requires a prescription to buy it.
On the down side, these new models don’t appear to come with rechargeable batteries like my older version does, but if you’re a motion-sickness sufferer like me, it’s still worth its weight in gold. I paid $180 for my rechargeable version. The newer, more potent models go for $150 for a 60 hour device and $225 for a 150 hour device.
Click the picture to learn more about how this wonderful device works. (It is also said to relieve morning sickness and post-operative nausea as well.)
I’ve used this device for about 13 years now, and it has literally Saved. My. Guts.
So, that’s my list. Now add to it! I wanna know…what takes you to YOUR happy place?