It’s that time again! Time to stretch your mind and really think about what we’ve read this quarter! Now, most of us read for pure enjoyment but sometimes it’s beneficial for our intelligence and imagination to take what we read just one step further. One step into the realm of How? and Why?
Here’s a little diddy to set the mood for our discussion:
In the world of kink authors, she’s the top.
Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different—more serious, more personal—and she’s sure it’ll be her breakout book…if it ever sees the light of day.
Zachary Easton holds Nora’s fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle the book on one condition: he wants complete control. Nora must rewrite the entire novel to his exacting standards—in six weeks—or it’s no deal.
Nora’s grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining…and shockingly arousing. And a dangerous former lover has her wondering which is more torturous—staying away from him…or returning to his bed?
Nora thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever that simple.
Join in our discussion and let your voice be heard. Pick a few questions and let us in on your thoughts!
1. Did you feel the heroine’s Swagger? If yes, can you give an example? If no, how would you have liked to see her swagger things differently?
2.If you were Nora’s therapist, what issues would you have her work on, if any? (She’s a complex gal…)
3. How did you feel about Nora’s risky attraction to her young protégé Wesley? Why do you think the author created that relationship for Nora?
4. How many flames would you give this book? Were the love scenes steamy and engaging? Did they make you want to jump right into bed with them? Or did they make you lock your door while you read them?
5. Which man do you feel was right for Nora? Why?
6. In one word, describe how this story made you feel while you read it?
7. Did you find the ending leave you smiling, or did you say WTF? How would you end this story?
8. If you were the casting director, which actors would you have portray Nora, Wesley, Zach, and Soren?
9. If you could ask the author a question, what would you ask?