Because everyone knows (or at least, everyone who’s watched Pretty Woman) that the most intimate physical gesture we can share with another human being is…the kiss.
So pop some popcorn (or get those quarters handy) and you know, pucker up!😉
Why is the kiss such a big deal? From the anthropological perspective, a kiss doesn’t serve any reproductive purpose, yet here you are, exposing your, ah, throat in a close encounter with another creature who just might slash it open.
Yep, it takes trust to kiss. And if our lips are locked, our physical boundaries are gone. There’s nothing to hide behind, which makes us both vulnerable, and open–to one of the greatest connections we can have with another human being. So, what is the key to a great kiss? Well, what better way to study the art of the kiss than by reviewing some of the best ones?
From Movies. Oh yeah. Movie buff here! And sorry Renee, but I’m taking over your list-lovin’ today, with Chick Swagger’s Top Ten Best Movie Kisses. And yes, I stole a couple from your post: Ten Movies to Get You in the Mood
Now, the Chicks got into quite a “heated” discussion when I asked them to pick their favorites, and so–in no particular order–here they are:
- The Rain Kiss: The Notebook Listen up, gentlemen. You may not be the best kisser in the world, but if you kiss your woman in the rain, who the hell cares? Hands down, this is the most romantic setting for a kiss. And hey, if you’re a bit of a wet/sloppy kisser, she won’t even notice😉
- The Yearning Kiss: First Knight Nothing better than two people who love each other desperately but can’t be together–yet can’t fight it, either.
- The Declaration Kiss: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- The Chasing-after-her Kiss: Silver Linings Playbook The make-up kiss has got to be one of the most emotionally-charged. Which makes it so much fun
- The First Love/Young Love Kiss: Dirty Dancing A favorite of the Chicks! As Alison said so expertly, “He had her practically undressed before he ever kissed her.”
- The Upside Down Kiss: Spider-Man (2002) Not only is this lip-locking in a memorable position, but the whole sexy “secret identity” seals the deal (or kiss). Plus, it’s in the rain!
- The Shut-her-up Kiss: Ten Things I Hate About You Pay attention guys. Here’s proof this method works!
- The Sensual Kiss: Top Gun The music, the white billowing curtains, and it’s shot mostly in shadow. So romantic!
10. The Should We/Shouldn’t We Kiss: The Ugly Truth Hint: You *definitely* should! And plus, it’s Gerard Butler, over whom more than a few of the Chicks got into a fight!
Which of the above kisses would you pucker up for? What are some of your other favorite kissing scenes? What makes a great kiss?